We have been going a little crazy for the blackberries around our house recently. I can’t leave the house to go on a walk without taking a Tupperware dish with me. And the best bit, are Otto’s blackberry stained fingers and lips. The down side are the nettle stings, but these are soon forgotten about by feeding him up on freshly picked blackberries and then concocting a new recipe in the kitchen.
This weekend we revisited the delicious blackberry clafoutis recipe, to take to family in the Borders and also made granola pots topped with blackberries to gift to more family. Nothing beats homemade granola. It surpasses the shop bought stuff by a countrymile and is super easy to make and is a great way to use up store coupboard ingredients and is also a very thrifty breakfast idea.
2. Place a pan on the hob and over a gentle heat melt 4 tbsp. of coconut oil together with four tbsp. of honey and 4 tbsp. of maple syrup.
5. Add the warm liquid to the dry ingredients and fold everything together, ensuring all the dry ingredients are covered.
6. Spread over a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes in a pre heated oven at 280.C.
7. Once removed from the oven give the granola mixture a stir and add 1/2 a cup of chopped dried apricots and 1 cup of raisins.
8. Serve with freshly picked blackberries!