* Summer is now a distant memory but I can take comfort in the fact one of my favourite shopping emporiums, Anthropologie, has never looked as inviting, dressed in its autumnal wardrobe. What’s even better the chic eclectic treasure chest has opened a new store on my doorstep in Richmond. Beautifully laid out & filled with fabulous dresses, gorgeous knitwear, stylish hats and unique jewellery, the home ware section is also just too tempting. You’ll leave wanting to redesign your home and with a dent in your wallet. My favourites are however the double latte and apple & ginger pie scented candles. Both smell just like autumn should, warm & comforting.
* If a void has been left in your life following the conclusion of this year’s Great British Bake off (congrats Nancy!), grab your mixing bowl, a whisk and bake a selection of scrumptious cakes to raise money for The Beatson Cancer Charity. Whether you organise a bake sale at school, a bake off at work or a coffee morning all the money raised will go towards helping the tremendous work the charity is doing to support people living with cancer. So go on #BakeItForTheBeatson and be in with a chance to win a master class with Great British Bake Off finalist, James Morton.
* And calling all bloggers who have a passion for cake and the Great British tradition that is afternoon tea. Why not put your baking skills to the test and enter Denby’s Cake Off Blogging Competition. Denby wants you to create you’re own afternoon tea delight.
* We’re also loving the idea of #ShareTheLove month, which Delicious magazine is running this October. Crank up the oven and make a batch of your favourite comfort foods, whether its a fruity crumble or a moreish banana loaf, and share them with your friends and family.
* Back in Edinburgh our favourite dining hotspot Café St Honore is hosting a very special dinner on the 16th of October, if you are a lover of wine. The event which will be hosted by wine writer and broadcaster Tom Cannavan will provide diners with the opportunity to taste 12 carefully selected wines by South West France Wines, over a four course dinner created by Neil Forbes. One not to be missed!