- Recently dubbed the new Nigella by The Times, Izy Hossack is baking up a storm with the launch of her very first cook book, Top with Cinnamon at the age of 18. Izy started her blog, when she was just 15 years old and her collection of stylish sweet and savoury recipes in her new book showcases not only her cooking skills but also her photography and artistic abilities. Defiantly one to watch on the food scene.
- If you weren’t quite able to wade your way through all of the weekend supplements & digest all of the recipes, one of my favourite bloggers currently Rocket & Squash provides readers with a pretty good run down. Each week the blog provides feedback on recipes and an insight into what’s happening in the world of food currently, as covered in the papers over the weekend.
- This Saturday also saw the launch of Richmond’s new look Reel Farmers Market in Heron Square. Showcasing a wide range of artisanal local producers, offering a selection of cheeses, honey, fish and bread, the focus of the market is very much on good, honest local produce.
- North of the Border while all focus is very much on the impending Referdum on Thursday, we’re also now into the second week of Scottish Food Fortnight, which will run until Sunday the 21st of September. The festival provides locals and visitors the opportunity to explore the very best of Scotland’s produce. Check out the events still to take place near you, including how to Make Your Own Macaroons as well as a Game Masterclass.
- Finally, our favourite bohemian chocolate emporium in the heat of Edinburgh’s Bruntisfield, The Chocolate Tree has this week launched a new look website, guaranteed to satisfy all your cravings!