I love rosewater. The smell is just too irresistible and the flavour is light, yet really delicious. Paired with chocolate it’s an award winning combination. I made my first batch of chocolate and rosewater muffins just the other week and these where gifted to a friend at her baby shower. The second batch was baked for my brother’s birthday and the chief taster is unsurprisingly urging a third batch to be baked very soon.
My top tip is to eat them straight from the oven when they’re still warm, light and fluffy and serve with a dollop of crème fresh on the side.
200g plain flour
1tsp. baking powder
150g dark chocolate chips
120ml of semi skimmed milk
50g of caster sugar
2tsp of rosewater
The Baking Bit…
1. Pre- heat the oven to 180C and place 10 silicon muffin cases into a muffin tray.
2. Sift the flour into a glass bowl and add in the baking powder and sugar, mixing everything together.
3. In a separate bowl blitz the chocolate in the microwave for about 30 – 40 seconds and add the melted chocolate into the first bowl along with two eggs and gently fold all the ingredients together.
4. Finally add in the milk as well as the rosewater and again stir everything together until you have silky smooth mixture. Spoon the mixture into each of the 10 cases, right to the top.
5. Bake in the oven for approx. 25 minutes at 180C and enjoy the gorgeous smell that will consequently envelop your kitchen.