My pecan and pineapple loaf has become affectionately known as my sunshine cake. It’s the perfect recipe to lift the spirits of anyone who wants to indulge in a slice or two. Each mouthful is like taking a step into the Caribbean sunshine and it will also help brighten up your kitchen, putting a smile on the face of everyone sitting around your kitchen table.
200g self-raising flour
150g caster sugar
425g tin of pineapple slices
1 tsp. of baking powder
1 tsp. of vanilla paste
60g lightly toasted pecan nuts, roughly chopped
The Baking Bit…
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add in the sugar plus the baking powder and mix everything together.
- Now add in the two eggs and gently mix everything together again along with the juice from the tinned pineapples, plus 1 tsp. of vanilla paste.
- Chop the pineapples rings into small pieces and add into your mixture along with the chopped pecan nuts, which have been lightly toasted to bring out their flavour. Again fold everything together gently until you have a nice smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 2lb loaf tin, which has been greased and bake in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes.